Starz Play is a subsidiary of Starz Inc., owned by Lion-Gate Entertainment and is a premium channel that is continuously in high demand. A common question that new and young subscribers are asking is “How much does Starz cost per month?”. Through this article, we have tried to answer that question along with some other frequently asked questions.
Starz keeps on offering great deals for its subscribers from time to time. Currently, Starz is offering its subscription for $3-per-month for the next 3 months, which is practically a steal against its usual price of $8.99-per-month. There are also multiple offers from various other providers such as Amazon that is offering a subscription for its Prime users for $5-per-month for 6 months. Roku has a great offer of a 1-month free trial for all its customers who buy any of their new streaming devices. There are other brilliant offers such as these. Read on to find out.
Starz Cost per Month From Each Provider
Multiple providers offer premium channel add-ons on multiple discounts or on a promo code. There are also limited one-time offers that keep on popping up from time to time. We have created a list of costs per month each provider offers for adding Starz, including any promotional or one-time offer that is going on right now with it.
|Provider||Cost Per Month|
|Amazon Prime||Generally $8.99-per-month. Limited-time offer to subscribe to Starz® for $5-per-month for the first 6 months.|
|Roku||7-day free trial, then $8.99-per-month thereafter. Purchase a new Roku streaming device to get a free 30-day trial period.|
|Hulu||7-day free trial then $8.99-per-month thereafter|
|YouTube TV||7-day free trial then $8.99-per-month thereafter|
|Xfinity – Comcast||Until February 2021, the Starz channel was included in the premium line-up for Xfinity. For now, it’s $5-per-month for the first 6 months, then $8.99-per-month thereafter.|
|Spectrum||7-day free trial then $9.99-per-month thereafter. The best deal to get Starz on Spectrum TV is through the Spectrum TV Gold package, which already has Starz included.|
|Sling TV||7-day free trial then $8.99-per-month thereafter as an add-on.|
|Philo||Philo is offering a 7-day free trial, then $5-per-month for 3 months, and then $8.99-per-month thereafter.|
Starz Is Always Providing Offers With Different Providers.
The best thing about the premium channel Starz is that it is always providing great new offers with different providers, such as:
- In February 2020 there was an offer to subscribe to Starz for three months at $1 per month, for Amazon Prime Video subscribers.
- Similarly in February 2021, Starz was offering a $5 per month subscription to its’ new subscribers for the first 6 months down from their usual price of $8.99 per month.
- Amazon Prime had a bunch of Starz promo offers over the past few months for as low as $0.99 per month. Check out here for the best offers for you.
- Just like in February 2020 and 2021, Starz is offering a $5-per-month subscription for the first 6 months to its new subscribers. Go to the Starz website to avail of this offer NOW!
- One of the greatest offers for Amazon Prime users announced on 5th March ‘21 was that new subscribers could add Starz as an add-on for $2.99 per month for the first 6 months ($ 8.99 per month thereafter). You can check this deal in the “hot deals” section here.
- Roku™ also announced a great offer for Roku TV® users to get all premium add-ons including Starz for The Roku Channel for $0.99 for 1 month. You can check out the offer here.
- Amazon Prime is also famous to offer occasional promo codes and limited one-time offers to Prime members. One of such offers was “three months subscription at $1-per-month” or “one month extended free trials.” Check out “Hot Deals” on www.slickdeals.net.
You May Get Starz Free for 1 to 3 Months Based on the Offer.
You already get a 7-day free trial for Starz with almost every service provider. You can go to www.starz.com and then:
- Click on the red button that says “Start my subscription.”
- Fill in your credit card information. Do not worry, it won’t charge you straight away. But remember to cancel your subscription before your trial period expires if you do not wish to continue.
There are other ways as well how you can get a free subscription for Starz for up to 1 month. There are multiple such offers, such as:
- Roku™ is offering to add all the premium add-ons, including Starz, almost free, for The Roku Channel for just $0.99-per-month for each add-on.
- www.slickdeals.net posted on April 10th, 2021 that Amazon Prime No Rush Credits can be used to pay for Prime Video add-on streaming services such as Starz, Epix, and Showtime, etc.
- Roku™ is also offering a 1-month free trial subscription for all new subscribers who buy any new Roku Streaming device.
Is Starz Worth the Money?
The answer to the question of whether Starz is worth the money or not is small and simple — YES! You can watch brilliant shows and movies on Starz such as:
- Spider-Man: Far from Home
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
- Zombieland: Double Tap
- A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood
- Night at the Museum: Battle of Smithsonian
- Jumanji: The next level
- The White Queen
Starz also announced a new offer for its new subscribers last month (September 13th), to avail of the subscription for $3-per-month for the next three months, directly from its website, after which the subscription will automatically renew for its typical charge of $8.99-per-month.
How to Cancel Starz Monthly Subscription
Cancel your Starz subscription in 5-easy steps.
Step 1: Open the Starz website on your web browser.
Step 2: Choose “Have Starz” and then “Starz Streaming”
Step 3: Log in to your account
Step 4:Go to settings in the upper right corner and then click on “subscription.”
Step 5: Click on “Cancel on subscription” and then follow the steps to cancel your subscription.
To cancel your Starz subscription through Amazon Prime:
Step 1: Open the Amazon Prime Video website and sign in to your account on your web browser.
Step 2: On the top-right corner of your screen you will find the “Accounts and Lists” option. Click on it.
Step 3: Scroll down to the “memberships and subscription” option.
Step 4: Click on the “Prime Video Channels” option.
Step 5: You will be prompted to sign in to your account again.
Step 6: Scroll down to the “Cancel Channel(s)” option and click on it.
Step 7: Select the channels you want to cancel.
You can also cancel your Starz subscription to the other services by following almost the same steps as mentioned above.
Frequently Asked Question and Answers
Can I stream Starz on multiple devices at once? (Source)
Yes! Yes, you can stream Starz on multiple devices at the same time. You can stream Starz at the same time on, up to 4 devices. You are also offered unlimited HD streaming and downloads while streaming Starz.
Is Starz included in Spectrum Silver? (Source)
The Spectrum TV Silver Package offers you 175+ channels with free HD Streaming, including premium channels such as HBO Max™, Showtime®, Nick Jr., etc at the cost of just $74.99/month for 12 months. However, unfortunately, Starz is not included in the Spectrum Silver Package.
Is Starz included in Spectrum Gold? (Source)
Yes. Starz is included in the Spectrum TV Gold Pack. The Spectrum TV Gold Package gives you access to the best movies and sports channels. With the price starting from $94.99 per month, this particular plan comes with the following benefits: Channels like HBO Max™, SHOWTIME®, Nick Jr, TMC®, STARZ®, STARZ ENCORE® and NFL Network are also included in this package.
Can you cancel your Starz subscription anytime?
Yes! You can cancel your Starz subscription anytime you want, irrespective of even if you have an active subscription.
Is Starz free with Netflix?
You can access the Starz Play service at Netflix and the charges will be included with the Netflix members’ current monthly subscription fees.
How to get Starz on PS4 or PS5?
Read the answer here
We can say that Starz is a premium content platform and offers wonderful shows and movies to its users. As more and more cable, broadband operators, and service providers team up with Starz, you will soon find that you’re able to access Starz for free trials through your local service provider without paying extra for a separate Starz subscription. Therefore, you can watch out in the future as Starz or even other service providers announce more exciting offers and partnerships with other companies to bring a seamless streaming experience to you.
Were we able to resolve your issue? Do you still have any questions to ask us in the comments below? Did you resolve the issue in a different way? Mention your experience in the comments below so that your thoughts will be helpful to other readers.
Sam has been a Smart Things expert for years and the author of DIY SmartThings. Recently he’s really more into Nest smart devices and has a lot of experience with all sorts of projects from converting a regular Home to completely a smart home with the background degree in Electronics.